26 août 2010

Faire du lèche-vitrines



I don't care if it *is* Paris fashion. I'm not wearing it.

4 commentaires:

  1. What, are those the baggiest capri pants of all time? Kind of makes me think of this:

    http://www.regretsy.com/2010/08/25/mrmph/

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. As a PS to the above post, "faire du lèche-vitrines" is a phrase for window-shopping, roughly, licking the shop-window glass. I had learned this phrase on Coffeebreak French, and dimly recalled it. About a week ago, I was in a jewelry shop (bijouterie) ordering a necklace. Eager to use the phrase, I told the shop owner that I had been "lèche"ing her "fenêtres" while she was closed. While "fenêtre" also means "window", it is more a house-window (and probably the whole window, rather than just the glass). So rather than using a cute colloquialism, I literally told her that I had been licking her windows all of August. Realizing my mistake later, I laughed thinking back on her surprised response: "VRAIMENT???"

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. BTW, I like the whole Atget thing you've got going on in this photo.

    RépondreSupprimer